If you are a fan of Amazon Prime, you’ve probably wondered do Amazon Prime members get audiobooks?
You are lucky to be a prime member, and you can also get Audible podcasts and audiobooks at no extra cost.
In this article, we’ll discuss Audible’s relationship with Amazon Prime and how you can access your books.
Amazon Prime can you get Audible books?
While you don’t get full Audible member benefits, you can access some audiobooks with Amazon Prime.
As a Prime Member, you have unlimited access to the following: 50 audiobooksAs well as other ad free streaming content, such as podcasts.
You can find comedy podcasts and talk shows on these podcasts. We will cover all audiobook features Amazon Prime offers its members in this article.
Many audiobook lovers may feel betrayed by the cancellation of some of the earlier 2016-launched channels.
It was replaced by a new combination of services with Amazon and Audible partnering.
And the best part of this is the fact that you don’t even have to have an audible account to enjoy streaming these free audiobooks as long as you have a membership with Amazon Prime in good standing.
All this is possible because of Prime ReadingAmazon offers a variety of services, such as, that include a library with books, magazines, and streaming podcasts.
Amazon Prime Members can access Audible channels to enjoy a variety of podcasts and books. Every audiobook comes with a rotating library so you can find the right book for your interests.
The news stories featured on Audible include those from The New York Times and The Washington Post.
Which Audiobooks Genres are available on Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime Members have the option to choose from many audiobook genres.
It is possible to You do not require an Audible membership These audiobooks are free to download.
Amazon Prime members do not have to hold the Amazon Prime account to receive the benefits of Audible.
Amazon Prime accounts are available to adults over 18 who have been granted rights. You can access all the audiobooks for free if you’re eligible. You can choose from the following categories for this service:
- Children’s Literature
- Graphic Novels and Comics
- Folk Tales, Fairy Tales and Legends. Mythology
- Romance and Gothic
- Historic Events
- Horror and Supernatural
- Mysteries and detective
- Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Story Shorts
Additionally, there are free streaming podcasts that are commercial and ad-free, and some of these you won’t find anywhere else.
These are considered to be Amazon exclusive, and many of them have been featured in the “Best of” lists from USA Today, The Guardian, New York magazine, and more.
These are just a few of the many award-winning TV shows:
- Crime and Mystery — Damned Spot, West Cork
- Social and Culture — The Dark Web, The Home Front, Martin Sheen and What Were You Thinking Inside NPR’s Dina Temple-Raston discusses The Adolescent brain
- Human Interest — Genius Dialogues and The Butterfly Effect, Jon Ronson
- Humor — Bedtime Stories for Cynics: Nick Offerman and The Rant Is Due With Lewis Black. Dr. Katz: The Audio Files
- News — The New York Times and The Washington Post. The Wall Street Journal
- Self-help — Exhale: Meditation Anytime
Amazon Prime Audiobooks – List of Freebies
Amazon Prime Audiobooks include a variety of audiobooks that are free and provided by Audible.
Prime Members will be able to access over 50 audiobooks at any time.
These selections, which are not made by Amazon but rather by Audible, are subject to change from time-to-time.
This has one drawback: you won’t be able download or store the audiobooks. They will only be accessible for streaming.
Below is the list of current free audiobooks you can stream via Amazon Prime.
- Let’s say you had a great time. Randall Munroe
- Unseen World Liz Moore
- The Practiced Mind Thomas M. Sterner
- The PlantagenetDan Jones
- Hawk stands for H Helen Macdonald
- A 100-Year-Old man who climbed out of a window and disappeared Jonas Jonasson
- The Secret Adversary Agatha Christie
- Baltimore Blues Laura Lippman
- The Baskervilles Hound Arthur Conan Doyle
- Dust and Shadow Lyndsay Fye
- The Coroner’s Lunch Colin Cotterill
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer Mark Twain
- Huckleberry Adventures Mark Twain
- Heart of Darkness Joseph Conrad
- Dracula [Audible Edition] Bram Stoker
- Classic Love Poems William Shakespeare
- The Art of War Sun Tzu
- Alice’s Adventure in Wonderland Lewis Carroll
- Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen
- Darkness-loving People Richard Lloyd Parry
- Zodiac Robert Graysmith
- Catch me if you can Stan Redding, Frank W. Abagnale
- By The Goldman Family, If I Did It, Pablo F. Fenjves, Dominick Dunne
- Mafia Prince By Phillip Leonetti. Scott Burnstein. Christopher Graziano
- You have no excuses Brian Tracy
- Stitches Anne Lamott
- Shark Tank Jump Start Your Business by Michael Parrish DuDell, Mark Cuban, Barbara Corcoran, Lori Greiner, Robert Herjavec, Daymond John, Kevin O’Leary
- Confidence Gap Russ Harris, Steven Hayes Ph.D.
- Buddhism for Beginners Thubten Chodron (His Holiness, the Dalai Lama)
- Beyond Happiness Ezra Bayda
- The Prestige Christopher Priest
- The Zookeeper’s Wife Diane Ackerman
- Slumdog Millionaire Vikas Sharma
- Jaws Peter Benchley
- The Descendants Kaui Hart, Hemmings
- Goodbye Darkness William Manchester
- Fighter Pilot Robin Olds. Christina Olds. Ed Rasimus
- SEAL Team Six Howard E. Wasdin, Stephen Templin
- The Experience of Going to War Karl Marlantes
- Unspeakable Call Adam Makos
- Timeless Tales of Beatrix Potter Beatrix Potter
- Winnie-the-Pooh A. A. Milne
- Junie B. Jones & the Stupid Smelly Bus Barbara Park
- Dinosaurs Before Dark Mary Pope Osborne
- The Wind in the Willows Kenneth Grahame
- The Velveteen Rabbit Margery Williams
- Clifford, the Big Red Dog Norman Bridwell
- Nate the Great and The Lost List Marjorie Weinman Sharmat
- Talon Julie Kagawa
- Bloody Jack by L. A. Meyer
- Closed and open David Rosenfelt
- Agatha Raisin, the Quiche of Death M. C. Beaton
- Bloodchild and Other Stories By Octavia Butler
- Shards for Honor Lois McMaster Bujold
- The War of the Worlds H. G. Wells
- The End of Eternity Isaac Asimov
- Elder’s Game Alive By Orson Scott Card
Amazon Prime: How do I find my free books?
Amazon Prime is an amazing service which allows you access to 50+ audiobooks for free.
However, there are not many resources available to help you find and listen to audiobooks.
We will show you how to find these books in this section.
Be sure to first download the software and then install it. Audio App Log in with your Amazon Prime credentials. Then, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Audible App’s home screen, and click on the menu icon in the upper left-hand corner (this will be displayed as 3 lines)
- Click or tap on “Channels for Prime.”
- You can view all the prime member channels from this page
- On this page, navigate down to the bottom of the page and click or tap on the “audiobook collection.”
- You will find a variety of audiobook genres and categories on this page. All are available for free to Amazon Prime Members
- Select a category and press the play button to start reading.